Thursday, December 12, 2013

Jasper necklace in progression: Dan's Christmas gift


The problem with winter projects is that by the time I get them to or near completion, I've run out of photo light.  This has happened especially the last two days running, even though I've gotten off work at 2:30 and started tackling projects as soon as I got home.
I thought I'd do something a little different this time since these jasper barrels I got are so cool and varied, and show you the work in progress.  The first photos (white paper) were taken last night in the light of my plant stand.  The one on the bead board is how I assembled the necklace (since my ruler has run off, it's the only way I can gauge length).  The others are the "glamor" shots done in the light of my plant stand with the camera refusing to focus and give me a decent picture without hacking off part of the piece.  I do not have a clasp for it yet; will get a nice, guy-friendly one this weekend at home if it doesn't snow.  I used antique copper rounds to accent.








 

Name:  Dan's Picasso

Price:  $25

Length: 20 inches

1 comment: