Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Fluorite Ginko necklace


With Christmas coming up and being short on funds, I sat down with a very tight budget and mapped out who I needed to get gifts for, and how much I could invest.  One of the people on that list is my "Mom away from home."  She sort of adopted me when I moved and didn't know anyone last spring.  I wanted to do something special for her for Christmas, as it's been a wild year.
She loves purple, and really liked my Purple Orchid necklace, a pendant the likes of which I haven't seen since I bought that one back before I was in college.  So I searched for probably a week on various sites and stores until I found this fluorite ginko-leaf pendant, which was as close a design as I could get to the orchid other than big honking roses.  I found some nice round-edged rondelles to go with it, also fluorite, from the same dealer (a guy I've dealt with many times and trust), and this was the result.  I got a set of 3 pendants (this is one of the two small ones); the big one was the purple I wanted, but far too big.



 
Name:  Ginko

Price:  $25

Length:  20 inches

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She absolutely did! Was the right length and matched what she was wearing and everything.

      Delete