Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lapis Lazuli cross-weave necklace

This is the project I actually bought the lapis lazuli for: a cross-weave necklace.  I used 6mm rounds, gold metal seed beads, and two strands of FlexWire.  The clasp was just something neat I decided to use; it's base metal, brass plated.  I'm out of gold ones for now.  Given the thickness of the wire I used, I had to extrapolate at the center and the ends of the piece, since the lapis rounds wouldn't fit four pieces of wire through them--the center stone needed four strands through it, the ends two wires folded back through to make four.  I had some large-hole seed beads that were of similar color, so that worked.  Note: I would have made this a little longer, but I have no more lapis rounds--pattern used up two strands as it is.


 
 
Name:  Lapis Lazuli cross-weave necklace

Price: $40 (reason: lapis lazuli price, time involved)

Length: 18 inches; pendant 1.25 inches long

No comments:

Post a Comment