Thursday, November 29, 2012

Egyptian Royalty necklace

Lapis lazuli is one of those hard-to-find-good-quality stones that dates back to Biblical times. It brings to mind Egyptian splendor to me. In quality lapis, you should be able to see gold flecked in its surface. Maybe that's why royalty seemed to like it so much back then.
Anyway, I got some fantastic lapis from a dealer, and when my cousin challenged me to come up with a gift befitting a 10-year-old girl, I toyed around with some ideas and this is one of them. It has rich colors that can be worn to fancy outings, yet can go with simple, everyday outfits. Girls like sparkle, and the gold in the stones and the transparent gold seed beads I picked to go with it add to that effect.
It says I like a piece when it's one I'd consider keeping for myself!



 

Name: Egyptian Royalty necklace

Price: $20 (reason: lapis lazuli price, gold findings; sold to my cousin, Britney)

Length: 18 inches; pendant 1.25 inches long

No comments:

Post a Comment