Saturday, March 29, 2014

Aqua for Grandma


My Grandma's favorite color is aqua.  Her birthday is in April, and because I don't get home as much as I'd like and knew this weekend might be the last in a few weeks to see her, I deliberately looked for something for her while I was at my favorite supplier.  I had almost given up when I came across these small rounds, labeled Sea Blue Chalcedony.  They are about as true an aqua as I've ever seen, beautifully clear, and perfect for my plan.  I stayed up until 1am this morning making it, before driving back home today to see my Mom's work in a local quilt show.  My Aunt and Grandma were there as well, so we all went out to lunch.  As with a lot of my work, I kept it very simple and elegant, and accented with silver.

 
Name:  N/A

Price:  $25 (original not for sale; gift for Grandma)

Length:  18 inches, I think (forgot to measure)

No comments:

Post a Comment