Saturday, March 22, 2014

Peachy Keen memory wire bracelet



I decided this morning I wanted to experiment with a tiny difference in my work.  Usually when I make memory wire bracelets, I'm limited to seed beads or similar; most stone beads don't have large enough holes to string on memory wire.  I decided, what the heck, I'd go through my bead boxes and see if I couldn't find some stone beads that would work.  I'd been thinking of my peach adventurine for the last couple of days and how I hadn't done anything with it (purchased it well before Christmas), so I got it out and turns out it worked.  I also don't use a lot of gold, but it went so well with the aventurine.
I thought a lot about my neighbor growing up, Lois, and how I remembered seeing her wear two colors a lot when I was a kid: peach and mint.  The two go well together, so when I photographed the bracelet, I used my new dusty teal sweater as the backdrop.  It's kind of a tip-of-the-hat to Lois and my childhood.  Lois is my parents' age, and my sister and I used to dog-sit and mow her yard.  Her husband, Jim, raises honeybees and does woodworking.  We spent a decent amount of time over at their house or in the woods between theirs and ours.  They're one of the sweetest, gentlest-natured couples I've had the honor to know.
Now all I need to do is make some lemon poppyseed bread like she made me while I was growing up...




Name:  Peachy Keen memory wire bracelet

Price: $15 (reason: over a whole strand of peach aventurine)

Length:  5 loops

No comments:

Post a Comment