Saturday, March 10, 2012

Donna's necklace and earrings.

    My boyfriend's Mom loves jewelry, especially big, unique pieces.  She's awesome at coordinating her outfits to go with her jewelry (or the other way around, depending), so I've made her a couple of pieces.  One--a dark teal pearl necklace--I haven't taken pictures of, but yesterday I was remembered to take my camera when I visited and got pictures of the other one, in which I used aventurine, silver, and dark teal pearls.  I remember I took Dan with me to look for materials, since it was near Donna's birthday and I had offered to make her a necklace he could give her.  You may recognize the pendant; I used another just like it (a little lighter in color, though) for the aventurine cross-weave necklace I donated to the Bollock charity fundraiser silent auction.  I also made a very simple pair of aventurine dangly earrings to match.
     Donna was delighted with the gift and found two great shirts that set it off in two different ways...each makes the light or dark components pop and she says she gets no end to complements on it.







Name:  N/A


Price:  $25 to $30 (given to Donna V.)


Length:  about 22 inches; she added an extender as well

No comments:

Post a Comment