Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mahogany Obsidian cross-weave necklace

     I had this necklace planned out and in mind before I spur-of-the-moment made my carnelian and banded agate cross-weave necklace this week.  I like the mottled colors and unique red of mahogany obsidian, and since people have said how much they like my cross-weave pieces, I decided to make a longer one in case anyone was interested.  This necklace is really long; I can wrap it around my neck and clasp it in the front and still have the pendant dangle.  I used a different metal for my findings this time: gunmetal.  I like the look of gunmetal, but hadn't had the opportunity to use it until now and I like how it looks with the mahogany obsidian.  This necklace took me far longer than the others I've done given the length, and a lot more stone than usual for the same reason.  I think it looks incredible!
     Unfortunately, by the time it was done, it was too dark out to take pictures, so I took what I could inside and will try to get outdoor "fashion" shots in the next couple of days.










Name:  Mahogany Sunset


Price:  $40 (reason: a ton of mahogany obsidian, time, and effort)


Length:  24 inches, with a 1 inch pendant

No comments:

Post a Comment