Thursday, November 29, 2012

Loom Bracelet

A couple of years ago, my sister bought me a beading loom for Christmas.  I started a pattern right away, but fought with knots and wildly differing sizes in my beads, and gave up.  I kept taking it out and trying to work on it, come up with a new idea to work on, etc.  This is the final result.
General thoughts: think I'm going to change the type of thread I use.  The loom's thread is thin and though the bracelet feels silky, it seems awfully loose and almost what I would venture to call cheap.  I had to redesign the clasp because the one in the instructions didn't work.  The nice thing about having a loom is it goes far quicker than by hand, and there are a lot of free patterns out there.




Name: First Loom Bracelet

Price:  $5 to $10, depending on beads used, size and complexity of pattern, time spent

Length: about 8 inches or so

No comments:

Post a Comment