Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tribal Shard Necklace

I don't do men's jewelry very often, and this is actually a repair of one I made about a year ago (the wire I used wasn't strong enough to keep up with Dan's heavy wear and tear).  I guess that's the good thing about my sister and a guy that wear the stuff I make them all the time--I get to see how durable my work is.  In this case, the weight of the African green jasper chips and the Celtic pendant stretched out the wire I'd strung it on; I upgraded to SoftFlex wire, which has a weight tolerance that's considerably more.
Originally, this piece was meant to be two different ones.  I actually bought the pendant for myself.  I bought the stone chips late last year (years after the pendant), and the pendant just seemed to suit the piece I had in mind.  If the chips had been smaller, I still would've kept it, but they're large (and heavy!) enough they suit a guy better.  Dan liked it, so it became his.  I used gunmetal findings to keep with the more natural/rugged look, and still like the effect.  The pendant is actually etched porcelain.


 
Name:  Tribal Shard Necklace

Price:  $35 (original given to Dan V.)

Length:  19.5 inches; pendant 1.75 inch diameter

1 comment: