Sunday, April 13, 2014

Shades of Gray


I've had this Crazy Lace Agate donut pendant for even longer than my Dragon and Phoenix.  I remember purchasing it when I was housesitting for my sister one fall.  I originally braided some thread and just wore it around my neck that way, but I was never really happy with it.  So I set it asid in my bead box for years, never quite finding anything that really worked with it.  Finally, one of the sites I use for supplies got in some rounds that matched it (a lot of crazy lace agate has a brown cast to it, but my donut is entirely shades of gray), so I bought a strand thinking it was 16" like most strands are and some gunmetal gray wire.  Turns out the strand of beads was only 8" so I had to get even more creative with my wirework for the necklace to be a decent length.  I chose the link style I made because it looked vaguely Celtic.  I used up my remaining silver wire for contrast, and the rest is done in the gunmetal.  Also made my first S-shaped clasp.  Very different from what I usually do, but I really like it.




Name:  Shades of Gray

Price: $40 (reason: wirework)

Length:  18 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment