Sunday, October 9, 2011

Innocence of the Heart necklace

This necklace is another older piece I felt I wanted to showcase.  When I was in college, my family used Spring Break to fly out to California to meet a good friend of Mom's and visit a bunch of places, such as Big Sur National Forest, Yosemite, San Francisco, Monterey Bay, the sequoias...and we also visited around the town where her friend lived to do some antique and fabric shopping, as Mom is an avid quilter (Fiberobsessive is the name of her blog here on BlogSpot).  One of the shops we went into had beads, and as I was doing some minor beadwork for myself at the time, I bought two beading books and some supplies.  Among those were some blue-and-blush crackle glass beads that sat around in my bead box for about a year, waiting for the perfect necklace.  Then came along this resin heart pendant and I knew they had to go together.  I threw in some dyed "sky" quartz  (that has since faded out), white rice pearls, and some dusty rose matte seed beads, and this was the result.  I thought it a fitting way to remember the vacation.


 

Name:  Innocence of the Heart


Price:  personal collection, no idea original cost!


Length:  14"; pendant roughly 1.5" x 1.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment