Monday, November 21, 2011

Swarovski right angle weave bracelet

The moment I saw this project on FusionBeads, titled Denim, I knew I had to do it no matter how much it cost me.  Working with 4mm crystal bicones is a lot different than working with seed beads!  I love the way it turned out though, and I really love right-angle weave because it is sturdy, yet flexible, as you can see in the picture.  The bracelet took 97 beads of two colors, and 98 beads of the middle one.  I actually had to make the bracelet a little shorter than the project due to the fact that a single bicone hadn't been drilled, so I couldn't use it.  That made it impossible to finish one row, as the bicone's color was in the middle of it and there wasn't time to order another one.  The bracelet has a magnetic cylinder clasp, which was something I'd not used before either, and I really like it.  One of the great things about right-angle weave projects is they can be customized into any color mix you want!


Name: Swarovski right angle weave bracelet

Price:  $35 (reason: tons of Swarovski crystals, time, and effort used; personal collection)

Color: 3 shades of blue

Length: 7.5" long, 1" wide

No comments:

Post a Comment