Monday, October 7, 2013

Bejeweled bangle


Ever since I made wire-wrapped earrings for my sister, I've wanted to do something like that again.  I finally managed to find a flat bangle bracelet, and chose a Swarovski crystal mix (turns out it's very similar to the one I used to make my sister's earrings [less purple, though]) to use that wasn't sold out.  Took me about an hour to wire the Swarovskis to the bangle and my fingers hurt, but it's fun and well worth it!  I like using this technique, and the Swarovski crystal makes the bangle both rich in color and sparkly.  I may have to make more of these...using different colors, of course.  So many varieties I could come up with!  The mix is called "Bright Lights," probably because the colors are so bright and rich they practically glow in the dark, but it reminded me of the colors of the gems in the game Bejeweled.  It adds a nice splash of color to any outfit.



 
Name: Bejeweled bangle

Price: $25 (reason: Swarovski crystal, time involved)

Size: 8.5 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment