Monday, October 7, 2013

Dusk Blossoms


This is a very difficult project to photograph!  Pressed glass flowers with Swarovski centers, and Swarovski "buds" around them, all wire-wrapped to a vine ring.  I did a similar project for my sister a couple of years ago, and had wanted to try it again, only with different colors.  I had originally settled on purple iris flowers, with bright fern green buds and centers, but when I went to order them, the flowers were out of stock.  So I switched the colors: green iris flowers and dark purple blossoms and centers.  Trying to get all of those pieces (five per loop on the ring, for a total of 15) gets really difficult as the space starts filling up, and a problem with wire-wrapping on head pins is you don't have a lot of spare wire to pull to make things tight.  So the different pieces move and rearrange themselves as you wear it.  I love the richness of the color.



 
Name: Dusk Blossoms

Price: $15 (reason: Swarovski crystals, time involved)

Size: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment