Sunday, October 27, 2013

Mama Botswana necklace


So I conferred with my Mom following my work on the rhodonite necklace (see project Winter Rose), and she decided she wanted the second necklace to be even longer--37 inches.  By the time I got it strung, it was dark out, so I couldn't get pictures with decent light.  Good news, though, is I set up to take the photos in my tiny kitchen on my dining room table and they turned out!  Usually the camera won't focus when indoors under just lamplight.  I had enough beads left over to make a set of jewelry to surprise her: a pair of earrings and a bracelet.  I set the beads for the earrings aside ahead of time so they would (relatively) match each other, but used the leftovers for the bracelet, so the stones aren't quite as fancy as those in the necklace and earrings.  Again, the clasp for it isn't here yet.
So here's the Botswana for my Mama.




 
Name:  Mama Botswana necklace

Price:  $45 (reason: amount of stone, silver, and time used)

Length:  approx. 38 inches (because I had to end the pattern to keep it equal) without clasp; probably will be 40 inches with clasp

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous! I love the earrings you made as well. Love Botswana agate :) I'm sure your Mama loved this!

    ReplyDelete