Thursday, October 3, 2013

Purple Twilight necklace


I taught myself a new technique this afternoon, after a long day at work: a wire-wrap bail for a pendant.  I've been meaning to make this necklace for about a week now, but wasn't sure how to go about attaching the pendant.  I have no bails--you'd think with the supplies I've got I'd have at least one floating around somewhere, but I don't--so I knew I had to make one.  It was just a matter of how?
Long story short (and two 8-inch pieces of wire and a couple of hours later...), I figured it out.
This is all the purple impression jasper / sea sediment jasper / variscite I had, except for a single 6mm round.  I used little silver beads to complement the silver wire of the bail, and a fancy clasp.
The pictures (again, focusing issues, but this time I think a lot of it was the fact that it was getting dark out) don't show how vivid a purple it is--they look more blue than they really are.  The stones are so highly polished they look like someone painted them into abstract art.


 
Name: Purple Twilight necklace

Price: $25

Length: 20 inches; pendant dimensions: 25 x 35 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment