Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Desert Sunset Necklace

The reverse of my Cheery Cherry Choker, Desert Sun is one I made for my Etsy shop two years ago and liked so much I made myself one with leftover materials.  I love the rich colors of the sun rock jasper pendant, copper potato pearls, hematite rice, and black seed beads.  It was this necklace that got me playing around with marketing photos for my jewelry--not just using a plain white or black background, but adding extra visual interest to show potential buyers what it looked like with fabric or more "artsy" displays.  Granted, the lighting wasn't all that good, but I think the point came across okay.  It's hard to keep light glare off the pendant because it's so shiny! Note: the teardrop down toward the bottom between the two copper pearls became the pendant for my own necklace, while the two little teardrops became a pair of earrings.  I believe the last larger pendant at the very bottom became the focus for a necklace for my sister.


 

Name:  Desert Sun


Price:  $12 (originally $15 to $17 on Etsy)


Length:  14.75"

No comments:

Post a Comment