Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Kooky Hoot-y Necklace

My sister, who is a professional photographer and has http://www.whimsicalsbymargot.blogspot.com/, told me last year she doesn't want me to get her any Christmas or birthday present ever again--just make her new jewelry and repair old pieces she's worn out.  Margot has been my testing ground for jewelry durability for years since she rarely takes a piece off until it wears out.  Shortly before her bithday in September, my boyfriend and I found ourselves at Hobby Lobby, one of the two local places I visit (the other being Von's in West Lafayette) for supplies, browsing for ideas for the next bunch of sparklies.  This kooky owl caught Dan's attention, and inspired a very simple necklace, but it's one of my personal favorite pieces I've ever made her, simply because he's so silly.  I hunted down the antiqued brass clasp to match him with its feathered look.  She absolutely loved him.

 

Name: Kooky Hoot-y


Price:  $25 (custom project for my sister)


Length: 20" excluding pendant

1 comment:

  1. HEHE, I really like that pendant. It is so cool looking.

    ReplyDelete