Friday, September 30, 2011

Tourmaline and Stardust

I love watermelon tourmaline.  I've had a little difficulty finding it for sale, and with good quality, and with a price that doesn't make me choke.  I found some last winter on a site a frequent for supplies, and bought a strand to make Mom, longarm quilter Viki Kirby of http://www.fiberobsessive.blogspot.com/, a necklace for Christmas since she likes the stone so much.  I wanted to keep it very basic, and let the colors of the tourmaline speak for themselves.  She loves it and wears it all the time.
With this necklace, I jazzed it up a little with some fancier sterling silver rounds called stardust.  They add just a little bit more sparkle to an otherwise very basic pattern.  Unfortunately, tourmaline + stardust sterling silver + normal sterling silver + sterling silver clasp = the most expensive necklace I've ever made despite its simplicity.  I also apologize--the pictures just can't do it justice.  Colors look relatively accurate, but you miss the glitter of the stardust and some of the shots my camera just doesn't like to focus on the beads.

 

Name:  Tourmaline and Stardust


Price:  $68  (this is because of the cost of tourmaline and sterling silver)


Length:  19.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment