Saturday, January 21, 2012

Flower Ring

I made this ring for my sister for Christmas this year.  I didn't have a lot of money as I've been on seasonal lay-off from the greenhouse where I work, but I wanted to make her at least something jewelry since that's all she ever really wants from me.  She also loves bright colors and funky rings, so this was a no-brainer.  I used bright orange 6mm flowers, 4mm Swarovski rounds in blue zircon, and 6mm Swarovski rounds in capri blue.  As with the last ring I made her, I wire-wrapped the beads onto a three-loop ring, this one a size 6 since I couldn't find a size 5.  When the ring was done, I taped it as the "bow" on a little owl notepad I'd found (she likes goofy owls, too).  Both were a big hit.  Photograph copyright (c) Margot Roudebush and Whimsicals by Margot (www.whimsicalsbymargot.blogspot.com).







Name: Bright Flower Ring


Price: $10 to $15 (was a custom project for my sister)


Length: size 6 ring

No comments:

Post a Comment