Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Twisted tubular herringbone bangle bracelet.

Five episodes of Planet Earth plus the "making of" diaries after each later...
I got the twisted tubular herringbone bangle done!  I couldn't finish it the way the book said because I couldn't seem to get the bottom two rows (the starter rows) unwoven from the piece, so I had to make do with a slightly uneven connection.  Good news is, if you don't know exactly where it is, you can't see it.  The piece as a whole took me longer than I thought...I watched the entire Planet Earth season and all the diaries; each episode is an hour or so long, plus a fifteen minute or so diary.  There are 11 episodes.  Now that I've got the hang of it, however, it shouldn't take that long again.
Frustration: I was sewing the ends together and was nearly done when I dropped the piece and it yanked the needle.  I instinctively locked my fingers, which bent the needle too far and broke it.  That was my last needle.  Now I absolutely have to order a new card of them, unless there's one in the bag of leftover floss and pattern for the cross stitch sampler I made Mom for Christmas...






Name:  Twisted herringbone bracelet


Price:  $15 to $20 (it would depend on number of colors used, size, bead type)


Length:  about 8" circumference

No comments:

Post a Comment