Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Water droplet necklace and earrings.

As Christmas approached, my boyfriend's mother came to me with a series of custom orders for people she knows.  Most were simple to fill--6-loop memory wire bracelets in a variety of colors, befitting the personalities of the women to whom they were to be given, the already-done aqua Dutch Spiral bracelet Dan had made, and the already-done set of aquamarine Swarovski earrings and necklace.  She decided she wanted to give a bigger gift to Dan's grandma, so asked me to make another Swarovski necklace and earrings set, but instead of the more expensive sterling asked me to find something suitable in base metal.  So, with Dan peering over my shoulder to offer his suggestions as far as chain style and pendant size and shape (the color had to be aquamarine, to match the Dutch Spiral bracelet), I roved my favorite online stores and we decided on the water-drop shaped Swarovski briolette.  Though the earrings look like they're done in gold, they aren't--they're silver-plated base metal.




Name: Water droplets


Price: necklace for $15, earrings for $5 (if use base metal); $25 and $10 (if sterling); (was a custom project for Donna V.)


Length: Necklace is 18"; earrings at most 1"

No comments:

Post a Comment