Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Swarovski heart custom necklace.

At the show I did back in November with my sister, my Aunt really liked the small Swarovski pendants I had on sterling silver necklaces, but didn't really want ice-blue or black.  She also likes hearts, and teased me that I hadn't made my Innocence of the Heart necklace available for her to buy.  That necklace is a very short choker for me, and the pendant is huge, but my Aunt really liked the colors--pale pink, crystal, and blue--in it as well as the idea of having a heart pendant.  She also liked the sparkle of the Swarovski crystals, so I told her I thought I could get her the same colors if I could find a heart in the "light vitrail" color.  I got lucky: they had it in multiple sizes, so I ordered one that was roughly the same size as the rectangle ones at the show.  The problems began then: the jump rings weren't the right sizes, and when I ordered bigger ones they didn't fit since the hole drilled through the pendant was flat instead of curved.  After searching (and not finding) a wirework technique suited to the direction of the hole, or a technique I could adapt that I felt I could do decently since I'm still learning wirework, I ordered a smaller pendant to fit the jump rings I had to simplify things.  That worked out remarkably well: my Aunt likes smaller pendants, anyway.  It is very difficult to get a decent photo of a Swarovski!  My camera doesn't like to focus on them, so my shots with decent lighting were all fuzzy.  This darker one doesn't show the blue--it looks orange, and the pastel pink looks like raspberry.  Go figure.





Name:  Sparkling Innocence


Price:  $25 (was custom project for my aunt)


Length: 18"

No comments:

Post a Comment