Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Friend in Need



I have a wonderful friend at work who lost her home to the tornado that tore through Gifford, Illinois, this past Sunday.  Times have been hard, and this was just the icing on the cake for her.  The retail business where I work is taking up a collection among us employees to help her, but I feel like it's not *enough*.  I want to do something more, as my own funds are stretched thin.
So I came up with this idea: for a limited time (I don't know how long yet), I will donate 100% of the purchases of my jewelry to her to help her rebuild.  While I cannot lower my prices (I only charge 30% labor on cost of materials), I can at least give her what I might earn for them.  Some of the pieces are not for sale (such as birthday or Christmas presents), but I might be willing to sell some of my personal collection.  It depends on the piece.  You get a nice necklace, ring, bracelet, or earrings.  I get a warm fuzzy feeling for doing something to make a difference.  She gets aid.
I can do a few custom orders, depending on what color / size you might like and the materials I currently have, or adjust a current piece to the right size (again, materials depending).  Though some items aren't for sale, I can make similar things, too.  I have a lot of leeway.
I didn't know what else to do, and I don't know who will even notice this, but it would mean a lot if we could all come together to make a difference.  My contact information is on my Contact Info page.
Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment