Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Winter Moss necklace


I actually finished this necklace over the weekend, following the trip a friend and I made to Von's (when I got the fluorite for Galactic Glimmer and the magnesite for Bronze Lily).  Unfortunately, it was dark when I finished it, so my pictures didn't turn out.  Then I worked late yesterday, so it was dark again by the time I got home.
Good news is, I had my much-needed-removed wisdom teeth pulled this morning, so in between naps (very tired, but very little pain) there was some sunlight for me to get decent photos.  It occurred to me to take pictures because I woke up in a sunbeam and thought "Oh!  I still need to get those!"
I'm recovering at my parents' house, and Mom has a lovely antique table beside the bed (and in front of the window), with a trio of in-tact sand dollars from a vacation when we were kids.  Given the colors of the moss agate, I thought the rich tone of the wood and the white of the sand dollars made a neat combination.
This necklace has been in the works for about a month.  I used heavy-duty nylon-coated braided steel Beadalaon stringing wire because it was all I had left (my thinner stuff is gone [again]).  This means two of the tubes couldn't work--their holes were too small despite the fact I used my bead reamer on them for over an hour.  Maybe I'll make a pair of earrings to go with it from them...
The name comes from the fact that it snowed last night, covering everything still green or with leaves still on it in a thin layer of powder.  Moss agate kind of has that same appearance.



 

Name: Winter Moss

Price:  $30

Length: about 16 inches (a short necklace on me; choker on most others)

No comments:

Post a Comment