Saturday, November 2, 2013

Warrior's Bond bracelet


I've always loved moss agate--it ranks right up there with hematite, tiger's eye, Botswana agate, flame agate, malachite, and lepidolite.  I did a little research on what meanings people have put with it over the years, and one of the things it's known as is that it's a warrior's stone (so are hematite and tiger's eye, by the way).
I bought a strand of moss agate rounds about a week ago, some leather cord, and a leaf button because I wanted to try my hand at cord-wrapping again.  I did that technique a long while ago with some pearls and an antique button from my Mom's collection, and enjoyed it so much I came up with this idea.  I also have a snowflake obsidian one in the works.
Inspiration for the name came from the fact that moss agate is claimed to be a warrior's stone, and when I got it done for some reason it reminded me of a Clan BondCord from the old BattleTech series (defeated warriors would be taken by the member of the winning Clan who bested that person one-on one, and they would have to wear a three-strand cord around their wrist until they had proven themselves to the one who made them Bondsman three times).  While this is not a braided three strand cord, the name just seemed to fit.


 

Name:  Warrior's Bond

Price:  $15 (personal collection)

Length:  8.5 inches

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I thought so, too. Chose it specifically for this project. I've wanted to make this for at least a year.

      Delete