Sunday, November 10, 2013

Bronze Lily off-center necklace


I like to do funky things for my sister as presents.  Over the weekend I went to my favorite bead store, looking specifically for something cool to use for a necklace for my sister for Christmas.  When I found these magnesite rondelles shot through with pyrite, I knew they were perfect.  The "pendant" was a no-brainer too--it's actually half of a toggle clasp!  I had originally planned to just bead the necklace and tell her the clasp was actually the focal, to wear it off-center, but the more I worked on it, the more I needed it to be crazier.  So I eliminated the bar part of the clasp and cut apart some chain I'd bought a couple of months ago, and voila!  Now the lily really is an off-center pendant.
I love the way the lily complements the pyrite in the stones, and how even the bronzy-and-black chain worked with the whole thing.  Even my brighter gold-filled findings seemed to work okay (didn't have the brass / bronze color).




 

Name:  Bronze Lily

Price:  $35 (reason: complexity, range of materials, time involved)

Length:  24.5inches, including extender

No comments:

Post a Comment