Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Seraphinite donut choker


When I first discovered seraphinite, it was exceedingly rare and really expensive to get.  I happened upon a beautiful donut pendant (a lot larger than I'd originally anticipated) on Lima Beads, and it was within my price range, so I bought it.  It sat around quite a while because I couldn't decide what to do with it.  I finally just knotted it onto pleather cord and attached a leaf clasp to it and wore it as a choker.  I always intended to redo it into something nicer, but I always seem to wear it this way instead.
Seraphinite is a dark green stone with metallic silver feathering that seems to shimmer when it catches the light.  I took a picture of it in my hand to show you just how big it is.



 

Name: Seraphinite donut necklace

Price:  $15 (reason: price of seraphinite; personal collection)

Length: about 16 inches; pendant I believe is about 50mm across

2 comments: