Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Survivor's Song bracelet


Since I'd used up all of the blue kiwi-stone I had, I bought another strand when I went to Von's with a friend almost three weeks ago, for the specific purpose of making a bracelet to match the set.  That was immediately followed by having my wisdom teeth pulled, and a crazy mess of stuff to do at work, and buckling down to meet the National Novel Writing Month challenge.  Now that I've beat the challenge, my mouth is more-or-less healed up, and I finally got a teeny tiny bit of spare time at home, I intended to put this together.  Then we got the bad storm this past weekend that ripped through Illinois (where I currently live) and Indiana (my home).  It destroyed the home of a very good friend at work, so I put things on hold again to hold a "fundraiser" here on my blog and on my FaceBook.  Through that, I actually had a friend put a reserve on this bracelet for when I actually got it done.
I had some time last night to make it because, given I have to be in late today to do my job (not allowed to put up the Black Friday sales stuff until tonight and after we close), I could sleep in this morning.  Feels weird not being at work this time of day, but at least I can tidy my house before Thanksgiving so I have somewhere clean to come home to following the insanity of working a 12-hour shift Black Friday.
I used up my last gold clasp to make this, and the last three Swarovski crystal bicones I had...and most of my remaining gold metal seed beads.  Also used up my last gold crimp bead covers.


 

Name:  Survivor's Song bracelet

Price:  $7 (reserved by Lou Anne G.)

Length:  7 inches; custom length

No comments:

Post a Comment