Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Crab Fire Agate pendant

Another piece I made for Etsy several years ago.  The pendant on this is an absolutely huge oval of crab fire agate.  I had no idea when I originally purchased it that it would be so big.  I wanted to keep the focus on the pendant, so I used simple black seed beads and orange fiber optic (also called cat's eye) 6mm rice beads to draw out the color without detracting from the stone.
My sister expressed an interest in it, so I gave it to her for her birthday the year following its lack of sale.  As you can see, the colors can go with a variety of things; the fabric I used for the picture is a batik Mom had spare from a quilt block.


Name:  N/A

Price: $20 (given to Margot R.)

Length: can't remember; probably around 18"

No comments:

Post a Comment