Friday, September 13, 2013

Northern Lights multistrand necklace

Just finished this necklace today.  I've been working on it for probably a month, simply because it takes a long time to string four strands of beads over two feet long each!  I'd get bored or burned out from hand stringing them on the heavy-duty fishing line and take a break.  I originally planned for five strands, not four, but when I set the first end one of the strands didn't crimp in with the rest, so I had to make do with four.
This necklace is the longest I've done, I think--over two feet long!  I'd seen the bead mix at one of the supply places I frequent, and decided I needed to do a multi-strand necklace with it, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to mix in larger beads like I did with the brown/green/cream and purple/lime/turquoise ones I did a couple of years ago.  I went ahead and bought the standard-sized mix, then decided I'd just use them.  The colors are black, hematite gray, pearlescent semi-transparent white, icy teal, and pearlescent transparent clear, reminiscent of the aurora borealis in wintertime.  They're also very difficult colors to photograph on a sunny day!
The wearer can either let the strands hang free for a simple, classic look, or knot them for a shorter, more contemporary look.



 

Name: Northern Lights

Price:  $25

Length:  28.5 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment