Sunday, September 15, 2013

Dawn ring


Just finished a second wire-wrapped ring, this time experimenting with multiple beads.  This one turned out more like I expected the first, Harvest Festival, to--the wraps to hold the ring together are more stacked on each other than beside, and I couldn't get the beads on top to stay level, but neither are extremely notable.
This ring is named for the pale colors that show at dawn before the spectacular colors kick in.  The stars begin to fade, and the sky gets kind of silvery.  The focal bead for this ring is a lavender-striped star, with two lavender faceted beads framing it, on silver wire I just bought today while running an errand.  I even prepped it so it would be bigger than the last one, but it still wound up a size 5 (prepped for a size 7).  The nice thing is, I can make multiples of most of my stuff, suited to the size someone wants.



 

Name:  Dawn ring

Price:  $8

Size:  5

No comments:

Post a Comment