Thursday, September 12, 2013

Lapis Surf

Finished a new project today: a surfer-style heishi necklace.  It's made of lapis lazuli and silver (I know, I know; lapis has real gold flecks in it, but the silver suited the style better).  It's hard to find heishi beads made out of stone, but I happened upon a seller last year and had to get these.  He's the same guy I got the pendants and rounds from in previous projects (the lapis cross-weave necklace and the one I made for a cousin's little niece).  I had also originally intended to use a Maori fish hook pendant with this, but when it arrived it was huge, so it's still in my to-do box until I come up with an idea for it.
This piece appeals to both guys and girls, and is long enough for both at about twenty inches.  I put it on heavy, durable, coated wire and used a simple lobster clasp and jump ring to fasten it.


 

Name:  Lapis Surf

Price: $20 (original has been sold to Dale T.)

Length: 20 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment