Sunday, September 29, 2013

Feathered Feature earrings


I made these earrings for my sister as an experiment.  I'd never used feathers before, or a whole lot of chain work.  They're a spin on FusionBeads' "Great Minds Pink Alike" earrings on their Inspiration page.  My sister likes feathers, but not particularly pink, so I was torn between a color like orange, yellow, blue, or green.  I've done a fair amount of blue for her, and the little Swarovski drops didn't come in a whole lot of colors, so I settled for green.  They were very difficult to work with, but the effect is cool when they're done.
Kudos to my sister, Margot Roudebush of Whimsicals By Margot here on BlogSpot, for the photo; she sent it to me once, but it disappeared months ago.  I spent a lot of last night looking for it because I remembered what it looked like, to no avail, so she managed to track it down from her end for me.  Photo (c) Margot Roudebush / Whimsicals by Margot.


Name:  N/A

Price: $20 (reason: Swarovski crystals, time and effort) (original given to Margot R.)

Length: 4 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment