Monday, September 30, 2013

Tina's Tumbled Quartz Pendant


About three weeks ago now, one of the ladies I work with approached me with a challenge--she'd gotten a "rose quartz" tumbled stone, and wanted to know if I could wire-wrap it into a pendant.  I had to break it to her that the stone isn't rose quartz; someone tried to dye it to look that way, even possibly "cherry" quartz.  I also told her I wasn't confident in my wire skills yet, but I'd do my best.
I've been mulling over what exactly to do; there's no drilled hole and the stone is tumbled to polish it, so it's not an even surface.  I wound up using a caging technique out of one of the books I've got, then attaching a jump ring for a necklace chain to the top.  Hopefully it will hold up; I used 20-gague wire so it'll be sturdier, but we'll see.



Name: N/A

Price: $15

Length: stone is about 1 inch tall; chain is 16 inches plus extender for example

No comments:

Post a Comment